Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tanking Karazhan

I main tanked Karazhan for the first time ever, on my warrior Shaeldre.

It was fun and actually not a huge ordeal! I was worried that my threat generation would be cause for issues, since sometimes I have problems in 5-mans. It actually went well! I picked up the tanking gloves from Maiden of Virtue and had a blast.

Romulo and Julianne was a problem for us. The other tank was dying, but after checking WWS (she was crushed 79 times for our successful attempt) I think that might have been the problem. Our other problems were slightly overestimating the amount of damage we did (we stopped dps on Romulo at 15%, killed Julianne, then couldn't bring him down to zero fast enough). Our successful attempt was pretty epic... it involved the Julianne dying and reviving that I just mentioned. Then I picked up Julianne again and we did the whole fight over again. It was nearly a 10 minute encounter... oh man.

Other than that though, the run went really well! If R&J had gone better we would have been able to get a few more bosses. We're going back tonight; I'm definitely not geared enough for tanking Prince though, so I'm not sure what we're going to do there. Probably cry a whole lot XD

No comments: