Monday, April 21, 2008

DPS and the old raider

I wish I knew what my DPS was like when I used to raid at level 60. Back when you could still weave Aimed Shot in between attacks. I was normally in the top 5 of our 40-man raids... anywhere from #2 to #6 probably, depending on who was there. The only people who could regularly top my damage were a couple of the rogues, one of the mages, one of the warlocks, one other hunter, and our fury warrior. I still felt damn proud though since through it all I was still the only hunter sporting a piece of Tier 1 still (stupid shoulders) and the only items outside of Tier1/2 content that I got were the polearm from AQ-40 and the AQ-40 rep ring.

I do still get a bit scared that I'll enter a level 60 instance and see some noob in Outland greens out-dps me... quite possible since I took a break from my hunter for about a year. But that hasn't happened yet. Last night I did 44% of the damage in my Ramparts group... T_T #2 was the tank, and no, he wasn't a paladin.

I was also happy to see myself break 400 dps on the first boss fight and 500 dps on the last one (I missed Omor's reading). Of course, that figures in The Beast Within, but still pretty neat considering I'm level 61 and able to put out damage that equals my personal minimum requirements for Karazhan. I'm guessing that will fall a bit as the crit rating on my Dragonstalker yields less and less crit % as I level up, though.

Really looking forward to seeing how Steady Shot changes things though. It's fun being a hunter - taking on 4 mobs my level easily as opposed to my warrior when she was leveling, who would cry if she came across any more than 2 (and sometimes 2 was difficult to deal with).

No comments: